Avoid These Holiday Money Mistakes
October 27, 2016
Are you interested in taking advantage of late-season holiday deals? Just make sure to avoid these common money mistakes.
- Choosing the wrong credit card. Use a card without fees.
- Withdrawing cash from a cash machine. Foreign currency withdrawal fees add up quickly. Try to limit cash machine withdrawals.
- Not sharing travel plans with your bank. A bank may deny your transactions to protect your account from potential fraud.
- Carrying too much cash. Cash is easily lost or stolen.
- Avoiding travel insurance. It is cheap, and it covers your losses.
- Forgetting to carry an EHIC card. Within Europe, it entitles you to emergency health care on the same terms as a local resident.